Search engine optimisation is a set of activities aimed at making a page or website more visible to the customer by improving its ranking in the search results page. SEO is becoming a rather on-going process and requires specialist training and skill set because of the frequent updates Google brings about in its SEO algorithm.
Recently SEO has seen a large growth bringing about high demand for well-trained SEO professionals. This growth can mainly be attributed to higher use of search engine for information search, knowledgeable customers recognizing the difference between organic search results and ads, credibility and visibility of higher listings and better targeted search results etc.
SEO has existed for quite some time now. However in the past this was not the task of a marketer but rather a website developer or designer. By following a set of specific rules the webpage would show up in the results listings then. However now with ever changing stringent rules and SEO algorithms, website developers are looking for specialists to do the task.
Today due to growing digital literacy and online competition for share of wallet SEO has become hot selling cakes. And the various certifications in SEO by giants and market leaders in this space are a clear indicator of the value of acquiring such skills and career opportunities it holds. If you have a passion for analytics, an eye for research and a strategic view of marketing, SEO might be your calling. Digital marketing course in kochi and skills will set you either in an SEO career or will give you an edge over other digital marketers.
SEO skills can offer you roles in various organisations or marketing firms. It can also help you get self-employed or make an extra buck through free lancing for web designers etc. With enough experience you could also take up training jobs and eventually even start your own SEO Company.
SEO offers great growth potential. The best part about this potential is that it is dependent on the persons skill set and not their degrees. Hence undergraduates or graduates in any stream can take up training in SEO and take up these jobs. Some major job profiles in this area are:
- SEO Trainee
- SEO Executive
- SEO Consultant
- SEO Project Manager
- SEO Analyst
- SEO Strategist
- SEO Trainer
- Link Builder
- Analytics Expert
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Freelance SEO consultant
Some reasons to choose a career in SEO are:
- Job suretyWith increasing demand for well trained professionals, with the right guidance and support, you are sure to land a well-paying job.
- High payA fresher on his first job tends to make 12 to 15 K and an SEO executive with an experience of up to 5 years makes an average of 5 lakhs per annum in India.
- No specific qualifications requiredYou don’t need a specific degree for a career in SEO you just need to have the right skill set and the enthusiasm to learn.
- Challenging job profileConstantly changing field keeps you dynamic and in a pursuit for more knowledge. The job never gets stagnant or boring.
- Growth opportunityBy acquiring these skills you can either progress in your existing job or even grow in a completely new sector.So if you are looking for a high growth, challenging job opportunity that’s constantly changing and challenging, its time you try SEO.