An SEO analyst is part of the marketing team of an organisation or of an independent SEO firm and is mainly responsible for the visibility and accessibility of a company’s online content. An SEO analyst is also loosely called an SEO executive, SEO specialist, SEO strategist etc.
The job profile came into being in the early 2000’s and mainly entailed to roles regarding three main areas. This was so since it was these three factors that mainly contributed to a Search engine result page ranking in the Google SEO Algorithm then. These are
Crawlability of site
Search friendly architecture
Spider readable content
Basic Keyword search
On-page keyword targeting
On-site anchor text
Keyword usages in image
Keyword difficulty analysis
- Link building
Site owner outreach
Blogs and personal sites
Social media outreach
However now Google SEO algorithms are much more complex and consist of 100s of components. With growing demands of the algorithm, the demand of skills required in an SEO analyst grows too. Let us look at some such requirements:
Let us discuss what the implying roles are:
- Day-to-day search marketing campaigns and activities across various search engines. This includes planning campaigns, management of budget, and optimization of paid search campaigns
- Keyword research based on the clients organisation, its business, its objectives etc. so as to align its content and its objectives
- Technical aspects such as 301 redirects, site speed, server responsiveness, 404 errors etc.
- Strategically planning and implementation of digital marketing with respect to structure of websites, pages and other web elements
- Be up to date on latest changes in SEO algorithms of various search engines and make changes accordingly in SEO strategy
- Strategy for development of content in alignment with SEO goals by including links, keywords etc.
- Support and guide content creation for visibility and social media usage
- Optimisation of webpages and social pages for social media accessibility so as to improve shareability
- Implement search engine programs like webmaster tools, HTML and XML sitemaps etc.
- Plan and implement link building campaigns to improve credibility and ranking of page
- Plan and implement strategies for building communities in coordination with objectives of the organisation.
- Keep an eye on new trends in digital marketing, SEO, SEM, SMO etc.
- Monitor SEO impact on search engine results page across various search engines
- Integrate marketing team and web development and design team to achieve clients goals
- Keep the management informed regarding SEO campaigns, its performance etc.
- Identify and solve problems related to visibility, ranking etc.
- Execute and keep track of analytics dashboard, reports etc.
- Measure the various activities and campaigns by defining key metrics and translate these metrics to business objectives, results and ROI.
Thus an SEO analyst must take care of crawlability, rankability, content marketing, usability and accessibility, and measurability. He must have the qualities of a techie, a marketer and a manager. He must possess analytical, organisational and management skills and must work with integrity and self-motivation. Thus if you think you have communications skills, creative thinking and problem solving skills, you are only one step away from a career in SEO. Take up a digital marketing training in kochi ,basics and in depth knowledge of various SEO tools and become an SEO analyst.